Sunday, February 17, 2008

(journal #16:) Bassoon

I have been playing the bassoon for about four months. I love it. It sounds really nice, and is easy to learn. I really like my teacher, Joyce Kelly. She is Mr. Mathes' sister in law (she is the identical twin of his wife). She is a very good teacher. Over the summer, I took bassoon lessons with Mrs. Kelly's son in law, Thomas David Ellis (T.D.). He was a pretty good teacher but had no teaching experience and lived all the way in Portchester.

The school owns the bassoon I use, and I don't have to rent it. It is a quality bassoon, but is in pretty bad shape. Soon I'll join the band, but I don't really want to, because it means getting up early. I love the bassoon, and hope I continue to play for a long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.