Sunday, February 17, 2008

(journal #11:) My Favorite Spectator Sport

My favorite spectator sport is tennis. It's a lot of fun to watch. I especially like to watch John MacEnroe. I watched him play at Wimbledon, and I could hear the umpire, and not a sports caster. I heard every obscenity that John uttered. A couple of times I saw him throw his tennis racket down on the grass court. The officials couldn't decide whether he was thrusting the racket on the ground because he was angry or because he wanted to ruin the court. They decided he was just angry at himself. They fined him about seven hundred dollars for audible obscenities, so John stopped making his obscenities audible. You could see his lips moving while he was cursing to himself. After I watch John McEnroe [sic], I like to watch Ivan Lendl, because he's so polite. I really love tennis. It's aerobic exercise, but it's a lot more fun than running. I think I should take up tennis seriously.

No comments: