Sunday, February 17, 2008

(journal 6:) My Classes

So far, all my classes are pretty good. I think my advisor base teachers, Mr. Bernier and Mr. Micik, seem really nice. For first period, I have science with Miss Frasier. She seems like a good teacher, and I'm sure science will be interesting. Then I have social studies. I know that it's going to be a terrible class. I think the new critical thinking program is stupid. No one is learning anything at all. For one assignment, we had to write our hypothesis on how geography affected the South. Mr. Zboray said we could write anything. He handed them back, and many people got bad grades because their assignments were too long or too short, or they weren't what Mr. Zboray wanted. Our assignments are like that every night. You know about 3rd period English. Mrs. Hamm is an excellent algebra teacher. She explains everything fully, and is strict but fair. I have Mr. Kent for French. He may be a good teacher, but I don't like him at all. I had him last year too, and I don't think that's right. I wish I could take Latin. I like Home Arts, and Miss Oleksak is weird but nice. Orchestra is good, but Miss Helland is really weird. Gym is okay, but I don't like that we have to stay on the 7th grade curriculum (since I'm in orchestra.) So far, all my classes are pretty much fun.

No comments: