Sunday, February 17, 2008

(journal 3:) What Will I Be Like When I Am an Adult?

I sometimes wonder what my life will be like when I am an adult. I think I am either going to become a cellist, bassoonist, lawyer, or linguist. I don't think that I will be a very agressive [sic] person, I never really have been. If I can't get one of the jobs listed above, I think I would want to be an ordinary housewife with two or three children. I would probably belong to a choral society and art society or two, maybe be on the board of a local symphony orchestra. I would want to get married and have kids even if I wasn't a housewife. My dream house is a dream apartment. At my camp, Camp Mohawk, I met a girl named Jennifer Watts. She lives in New York, and has a nine room apartment, with an upstairs and a downstairs (which are fairly expensive in New York.) She actually goes to school with Tatiana von Furstenburg, Diane von Furstenburg's daughter! I definitely want to live like that when I grow up-- very rich. But what if I never marry and I end up poor? Well, let's hope for the best! I hope if I never marry to get rich, I have a really good career to get rich on my own.

No comments: