Sunday, February 17, 2008

(journal #14:) The Magazine Drive

This year I sold seven magazines in the magazine drive. I only sold five magazines last year. On the first day of the drive this year, I sold three magazines. I sold them to two neighbors and my mother. I brought the subscriptions to school the next day, and they fell out of my notebook. Someone found them and brought them back to me, but two checks were missing. I went to first period science, and Miss Fraser's phone kept ringing. She kept on answering, but no one was on the other end. She finally sent Alex Ahrens down the office to see what was the matter. Then an announcement from Mr. Miller came on, asking Miss Fraser to pick up her phone. It didn't work. It ended up that someone had found my checks. The next day I sold four magazines to my parents. I got a weepul, jelly beans, a pennant and a giant sugar daddy.

No comments: